Friday, June 12, 2009

this


plus this

plus this


plus this


plus this


plus this


plus this



equals this

and this.


Perhaps a bit past its expiration date, but this is the bike I cobbled together last summer before the job ended, and boy am I glad I did. Picked up some of my favorite parts, and put together a bike that serves nearly all my needs. A joy to ride, and hopefully, one I'll have at least as long as I've had my Trek (25 years). She feels a tad slow out of the gate, but once we get going, very nice. 4 gears, but I have to stop if I want to change; a chance to take a short break and ready myself.


2 comments:

Quail said...

Unusual handlebars that look comfy! Something secret?

alford said...

nothing too secret, nitto albatross bars. they are comfy. i have them on both my bikes and can't recommend them enough. not as racy as drop bars, but plenty of hand positions. you can find them here: http://www.rivbike.com/products/list/handlebars_stems_and_tape?a=1&page=2#product=16-122