Saturday, March 07, 2009

Riverside School Portrait #16 Julie Fasey 1977


RS dmj 1


RS ttl1


Riverside School Drama 5


imgDoc617


RS Hanife Saleh 1977


RS YHA14


George Plemper took these photos when he was a science teacher at Riverside School, Thamesmead, in the late 70's.

"When I started to post my photographs on Flickr I thought that at the most I would post 100 - if I was lucky. Now the Riverside School series numbers over 300. I am astounded, mind you most of the photographs are interesting because of their age. The problem is that it has become tedious - cleaning up images that have very little photographic interest. So in one final act of boredom I have posted this set without attempting any significant clean up. I think they will only be of interest to those interested in the history of schools or England at that time, if you are interested in the art of photography do not spend any time on them."

I recommend that you do spend a good amount of time on this amazing collection of images. Be sure to read the comments, as well.

found via your heart out

No comments: